Portsmouth, NH Also Has A ‘First Night’ With Ice Sculpture, Battle Of The Bands & Fireworks
…by Anura Guruge
We have, alas, never been to ‘First Night‘ in Portsmouth, NH. Though we all like Portsmouth the prospect of driving back home after midnight on New Year’s doesn’t hold much appeal.
That said, we have been to Portsmouth a number of times of New Years day, January 1; our wedding anniversary. So we have seen what is left of the ice sculptures.
Pretty sure we won’t make it to First Night in Portsmouth this year. We seem committed to Wolfeboro, which has the attraction of offering 2x fireworks and only being 25 minutes away (with no traffic to contend with).
There is a chance we will go to Portsmouth again on January 1, 2013. We will have to do something special. It is our 10th wedding anniversary and so many people said that we wouldn’t last the year, just because we met online and got married 6 weeks to the day, Wednesday to a Wednesday, of first making contact.
Tags: 2012, 2013, anniversary, Anura Guruge, Battle of the Bands, buttones, celebrations, December 31, Fireworks, First Night, First Night Portsmouth, Ice Sculpture, New Hampshire, New Hampshire (NH), New Years day, parade, performers, Portsmouth, price, program, ProPortsmouth, Santa, schedule, Wolfeboro
Blog Stats (Views)
- 454,584 views
Search this blog for posts on:
- Acadia National Park, ME
- Strawbery Banke, NH
- Red Poppy (Day)
- Beaujolais Nouveau
- Highland Games, Loon, NH
- Popes, Buddhism & Religion
- Alton, NH
- Wolfeboro, NH
- Obamacare (A.C.A) Health Care
- N.H. Property Taxes
- Clearlakes Chorale
- Great Waters Music Festival
Latest Guruge Book
Featured N.H. Events
CLICK ON IMAGES FOR DETAILS
Astronomy Presentation II,Nov. 20, 2014, Alton
To have your event included:
Recommended N.H. Restaurants
Anura Guruge the publisher
Featured Anura Guruge Books
print $6.50 & ebook $0.99.
Quick guide to comets. Check it out.
Published May 9, 2013.
print $4.50 & ebook $0.99.
Published July 27, 2013.
print $7.00 & ebook $0.99.
Still best way to introduce kids to comets. Kind of timeless
Published Sep. 22, 2011.
print $7.50 & ebook $0.99.
A good way to teach kids about caring for a puppy
SEE BELOW FOR MORE
Other Anura Guruge Sites
Anura Guruge Books
- New Hampshire (N.H.) 2014 – 2015 Property Tax Rates With 212 Towns (95%) Reporting: Highest & Lowest. November 23, 2014
- “Turkey Trot 2014″, Wolfeboro, New Hampshire — A Few Pitcures. November 22, 2014
- Devanee’s 1968 Green MGB Is Delivered To British Car Expert, Steve Barlow, In Wolfeboro, N.H., For A Lot Of TLC. November 22, 2014
- “Sky Over Alton II” Presentations At The Alton (N.H.) Gilman Library, November 21, 2014 — Some Pictures. November 22, 2014
- No Rebuttal From Alton Central School (ACS) [NH] To Jeffery Clay Letter In The Nov. 13, 2014 “The Baysider”? November 21, 2014
- I Was At The New Hampshire State House, In My Capacity As An ‘Granite State Ambassador’, To Lend A Hand With New Member Visits. November 20, 2014