Portsmouth, NH Also Has A ‘First Night’ With Ice Sculpture, Battle Of The Bands & Fireworks
…by Anura Guruge
We have, alas, never been to ‘First Night‘ in Portsmouth, NH. Though we all like Portsmouth the prospect of driving back home after midnight on New Year’s doesn’t hold much appeal.
That said, we have been to Portsmouth a number of times of New Years day, January 1; our wedding anniversary. So we have seen what is left of the ice sculptures.
Pretty sure we won’t make it to First Night in Portsmouth this year. We seem committed to Wolfeboro, which has the attraction of offering 2x fireworks and only being 25 minutes away (with no traffic to contend with).
There is a chance we will go to Portsmouth again on January 1, 2013. We will have to do something special. It is our 10th wedding anniversary and so many people said that we wouldn’t last the year, just because we met online and got married 6 weeks to the day, Wednesday to a Wednesday, of first making contact.
Tags: 2012, 2013, anniversary, Anura Guruge, Battle of the Bands, buttones, celebrations, December 31, Fireworks, First Night, First Night Portsmouth, Ice Sculpture, New Hampshire, New Hampshire (NH), New Years day, parade, performers, Portsmouth, price, program, ProPortsmouth, Santa, schedule, Wolfeboro
Blog Stats (Views)
- 404,298 views
Latest Guruge Book
Featured N.H. Events
CLICK ON IMAGES FOR DETAILS
Maritime Folk Festival, Sep. 27 - 28, 2014, Portsmouth
To have your event included:
Recommended N.H. Restaurants
Anura Guruge the publisher
Featured Anura Guruge Books
print $6.50 & ebook $0.99.
Quick guide to comets. Check it out.
Published May 9, 2013.
print $4.50 & ebook $0.99.
Published July 27, 2013.
print $7.00 & ebook $0.99.
Still best way to introduce kids to comets. Kind of timeless
Published Sep. 22, 2011.
print $7.50 & ebook $0.99.
A good way to teach kids about caring for a puppy
SEE BELOW FOR MORE
Other Anura Guruge Sites
Anura Guruge Books
- New Research VALIDATES MY Oft Stated Claim Of The Miracle Of A Low-Carb (High Fat) Diet. September 2, 2014
- New Hampshire Lakes Still Very Swimmable In September 2014 — Though It May Already Be Start Of Foliage Season. September 2, 2014
- Next FREE HBO & CINEMAX Preview Weekend On DirecTV Is This Weekend, September 5 – 8, 2014. September 2, 2014
- “Great Waters Music Festival”, Wolfeboro, N.H., Summer of 2015 — Ronan Tynan, Irish Tenor & Captivating Folk Singer Jonathan Edwards Signed Up. September 1, 2014
- Program Schedule For The 2014 ‘Highland Games’ At Loon, N.H. With The “Glengarry Bhoys” Now Available. September 1, 2014
- I, As A Granite State Ambassador (GSA), Signed Up Again To Be An Official Fall Foliage Updater For The N.H. Dept. Of Tourism. September 1, 2014