Buddha’s Sayings On Patience, Tolerance And Life.
..by Anura Guruge
1. Conversation On Buddhism: I Ask My Father, The Buddhist Scholar …
>>–Aug. 16, 2012.
2. President Obama … Misnomer About Buddhist Prayer — Nov. 19, 2012.
3. Boston Buddhist Temple (Vihara), BBV … Aug. 12, 2012.
4. Post Your Questions About Buddhism … — Oct. 10, 2012.
My father sent these to me. I am not sure whether the Buddha actually said these or he is credited with them because it is the kind of thing that he likely would have said, based on his other words. My father would know. I haven’t asked him. But, these saying don’t upset me and I realize that many will find them uplifting. So, I am posting them in that spirit. Again, I am not saying that these are actually words said by the Buddha.
When you feel insulted:
If you are right then there is no need to get angry,
And if you are wrong then you don’t have any right to get angry.
Patience with family is love,
Patience with others is respect,
Patience with self is confidence and
Patience with one’s religion is faith.
Never Think Hard about the PAST, It brings Tears…
Don’t Think more about the FUTURE, It brings Fear…
Live this Moment with a Smile, It brings Cheers.!!!!
Every test in our life makes us bitter or better,
Every problem comes to make us or break us,
Choice is our’s whether we become victims or victorious !!!
Search a beautiful heart not a beautiful face.
Beautiful things are not always good,
but good things are always beautiful.
Remember me like a pressed flower in your Notebook.
It may not be having any fragrance,
but will remind you of my existence forever in your life.
Blog Stats (Views)
- 397,667 views
Latest Guruge Book
Featured N.H. Events
CLICK ON IMAGES FOR DETAILS
Maritime Folk Festival, Sep. 27 - 28, 2014, Portsmouth
To have your event included:
Recommended N.H. Restaurants
Anura Guruge the publisher
Featured Anura Guruge Books
print $6.50 & ebook $0.99.
Quick guide to comets. Check it out.
Published May 9, 2013.
print $4.50 & ebook $0.99.
Published July 27, 2013.
print $7.00 & ebook $0.99.
Still best way to introduce kids to comets. Kind of timeless
Published Sep. 22, 2011.
print $7.50 & ebook $0.99.
A good way to teach kids about caring for a puppy
SEE BELOW FOR MORE
Other Anura Guruge Sites
Anura Guruge Books
- Bob Ness, A Tourist’s View Of Lovely Wolfeboro, N.H., From “Molley the Trolley”. August 22, 2014
- Dover, N.H., Greek Fest 2014 At The ‘Hellenic Center’, Labor Day Weekend, August 29 – 30. Go. Go. GO! August 22, 2014
- “Market Basket”, Arthur T. Demoulas Firing — More Info: The Investments, Thrown Punches & Serious Allegations. From WSJ. August 22, 2014
- Bullying At Alton Central School (ACS), N.H.: Letter By Lynda Whitehouse About Teachers And Staff! August 21, 2014
- New Hampshire Foliage, Fall 2014 — Not Even A Hint In My Neck Of The Lakes Region. August 21, 2014
- “Market Basket”, Arthur T. Demoulas Firing — The Real Facts. This Makes Sense. August 21, 2014