“Comet ISON For Kids” — My Latest Book. The 3rd On ISON, 4th On Comets.
.by Anura Guruge
++++ See Category ‘Books’ on sidebar for my other book posts >>>>
This was a book I had to write and one I enjoyed writing. I hadn’t done any of my trademark illustrations in a few years. It was fun. I haven’t had the time to do both writing and ‘drawing’ up until this book. [After saying that I did this book in 2 days and the illustrations took 90% of the time. Don't tell anybody that. That is our secret.]
Comet ISON will be quite an event for kids — exciting, enchanting but at the same time a bit scary and off putting. This book will dispel the trepidation and help enhance the fascination of experiencing this amazing celestial show.
Though meant for kids quite a few parents may want to read it first! It is a soup-to-nuts explanation of Comet ISON, with illustrations, in 24 pages. Now YOU too can answer the questions that the kids will have like an expert.
I am already working on the full-color, 28 page print version. I want it to be affordable. So I am going to sell it basically at cost! So, I think, it will be under U.S. $8.00. [Full color books are expensive to print.] Growing up the one thing I had was books. I had a lot of books. I had more books than anybody else that I knew. I want other kids to have that privilege. So this is my part. The Kindle eBook, which can be read on practically anything, whether it be a PC, Android phone, iPad, Kindle device or Mac, is as ever 99 cents.
The eBook is available now. I published it yesterday.
Yes, my 20th book as sole author. See the new sidebar graphic. My 9th this year! I still have more to do.
Comet ISON will start becoming visible, naked eye, towards the end of October. Get this book well ahead of that.
Blog Stats (Views)
- 454,777 views
Search this blog for posts on:
- Acadia National Park, ME
- Strawbery Banke, NH
- Red Poppy (Day)
- Beaujolais Nouveau
- Highland Games, Loon, NH
- Popes, Buddhism & Religion
- Alton, NH
- Wolfeboro, NH
- Obamacare (A.C.A) Health Care
- N.H. Property Taxes
- Clearlakes Chorale
- Great Waters Music Festival
Latest Guruge Book
Featured N.H. Events
CLICK ON IMAGES FOR DETAILS
Astronomy Presentation II,Nov. 20, 2014, Alton
To have your event included:
Recommended N.H. Restaurants
Anura Guruge the publisher
Featured Anura Guruge Books
print $6.50 & ebook $0.99.
Quick guide to comets. Check it out.
Published May 9, 2013.
print $4.50 & ebook $0.99.
Published July 27, 2013.
print $7.00 & ebook $0.99.
Still best way to introduce kids to comets. Kind of timeless
Published Sep. 22, 2011.
print $7.50 & ebook $0.99.
A good way to teach kids about caring for a puppy
SEE BELOW FOR MORE
Other Anura Guruge Sites
Anura Guruge Books
- The Annual “Alton Bay Barbershop Jamboree” To Return To Alton, N.H., In The 2nd Week Of August 2015 — For The 55th Gathering. November 23, 2014
- New Hampshire (N.H.) 2014 – 2015 Property Tax Rates With 212 Towns (95%) Reporting: Highest & Lowest. November 23, 2014
- “Turkey Trot 2014″, Wolfeboro, New Hampshire — A Few Pitcures. November 22, 2014
- Devanee’s 1968 Green MGB Is Delivered To British Car Expert, Steve Barlow, In Wolfeboro, N.H., For A Lot Of TLC. November 22, 2014
- “Sky Over Alton II” Presentations At The Alton (N.H.) Gilman Library, November 21, 2014 — Some Pictures. November 22, 2014
- No Rebuttal From Alton Central School (ACS) [NH] To Jeffery Clay Letter In The Nov. 13, 2014 “The Baysider”? November 21, 2014