IT MIGHT JUST BE EASIER AND QUICKER TO CHECK OUT MY MAIN WEBPAGE: GURUGE.COM.
IT IS NOT AS RAMBLING AS THIS AND HAS MORE PICTURES.
- I am first and foremost a writer, and have been for most of my adult life, though I also spent 40-odd years (and some of them were very odd indeed) as a computer/networking professional — 20-years as an independent consultant to equipment vendors & an acknowledged world expert on IBM’s ‘SNA’ networking methodology.
- I write daily — even if I have to do so just in my head when I am on vacation or travelling.
- I am the sole-author of over 30 books & upwards of 375 technical publications.
- I blog and take photographs incessantly — and have published at least 7 photos a day, on this blog, without fail, since (at least) 2017.
- I was born in September 1953 in Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) — and ended up being a hospital mix-up.
- I left Ceylon, with my adoptive parents, in August 1967 — just prior to my 14th birthday — and lived in Buffalo (NY, U.S.A.) for 11-months.
- I was sent to boarding school in Britain in 1969, grew up over there, became a British citizen in 1983 and still, patriotically & produdly retain that citizenship.
- I am a bit of a fitness freak and try to walk/jog 5-7 miles nearly every day and try, assiduously, to adhere to a low-carb diet albeit replete with a large glass of (slightly diluted) red wine for medicinal purposes.
- I wear a high-end smartwatch 24×7, usually a Garmin, and have done so since mid-2017. I currently have two Garmin Fenix 6s.
- Cricket has been a lifelong passion and I watch at least 40-minutes of cricket most days on Willow TV (via a Roku).
- I own two old Jags and bought one of my daughters a 1969 MGB.
- I have two dogs, who I take for walks every day — a female Golden and a male Harrier.
- I started programming, using paper-tape, in 1969 while attending school at ‘Mill Hill’ in London.
- I have a M.Sc. (with Distinction) from the University of London in Computer Science (1980).
- I have not believed in or followed any religion since I was 18, though religion fascinates I and I have written 10+ book on/about popes.
- Contradiction is a part of my life and I have never aspired to be normal or average.
- Doing 1/2-day to 5-day, stand up seminars on networking, around the world, was very much a part of my life from 1981 to 1999.
- It amuses I that I can tell people that I must be the only person whose published bibliography spans: popes, orgasms, networking & pain.
All his books are available from Amazon
[U.S., U.K., Canada, Italy et. al.]
Look Inside available on all.
All books (bar 4) are available in paperback and eBook form,
with the exception of “Popes and the Tales of Their Names” which is only available as a paperback.