.by Anura Guruge
Happened at 4:30 pm today, Wednesday, August 7, 2013.
Yes, I summoned the Manager — who happened to be seated at one of the tables!
Yes, I made sure that everybody within earshot heard about it.
Yes, I called up McDonald’s Corporate, gave them my name and contact information, and filed a report.
Yes, I have e-mailed NH Health & Human Services (Food Protection) & Copied the Alton Health Inspector
Anything more you think I should do?
Click to ENLARGE.
This was pretty amazing. Six hours later I am still in shock!
~4:30 pm today I stopped at the McDonald’s in Alton (by the rotary, 4 Homestead Place) to get the kids two dipped ice creams.
When I walked through the door there was nobody at the registers.
Two young girls, in red shirts, were together mopping the seating area with one of their big buckets on wheels and two mops.
As I approached the counter one of the girls involved in the mopping peeled away and appeared behind the counter to take my order. I didn’t think anything of that since she was not touching any food. Plus, they handle change, without gloves …
I ordered the two dipped cones and was paying when I saw the other girl put her mop in the bucket and walk over to behind the counter, take a cone, in a bare hand and start filling it up!
I immediately asked her: ‘did you wash your hands?’
She looked at me blankly, the half filled cone in her hand. She didn’t say anything.
Then the girl who took the order and three others in food prep all piped up: ‘no she didn’t wash her hands, she should have‘.
The girl taking my order reached over, took the cone from her hand and threw it away.
I asked for the manager. She happened to be seated right there, at a table, where the mopping was taking place.
She agreed that the employee should have washed her hands. That was it.
This is incredible.
Mop handle to handling a ice cream cone.
This is insane.
Yes, you never know what really happens with your food at any restaurant. Yes, I am sure many don’t wash their hands.
Well, over to you all …