The LG washer is about 12-years old. So, judging by the fridges we have had, it was due to start giving trouble. It stopped pulling water early last week. Thanks to the magic of Google and YouTube the wife had the problem diagnosed in no time. She was also convinced that it was a job that we could do. So, she found the part, on Amazon, and we ordered it. It arrived last Friday (one-day late).
On Saturday we went about trying to see if we could do it. Pulling out the washer was the most difficult part. We have it on anti-vibration pads and that added to the difficulty. With three of us pushing and pulling we eventually got it far enough out for me to get to the back.
I had watch the start of the YouTube video. Once I got the drift of it it was easy enough. Looks intimidating. Four (4) water hoses with clips and five (5) electrical connectors. But the electrics just slip off and the way the wiring harness is designed there is no way you can get the connectors wrong when plugging them back. So, that helped. The water hoses, surprisingly, were also easy enough to deal with. Didn’t take long. We were happy.
Pushing the washer back was another story. But, we managed. It all works. I am impressed and relieved. Dodged a bullet. Not counting time and aggravation it cost us a total of $32 to fix it. Cheap enough.