by Anura Guruge
Click to ENLARGE.
It was BOTH fun & productive. So glad we went & pitched in. I think this was our 5th time. We ‘specialize’ in cleaning the three trolleys — inside & out. Today, I even started scraping off some peeling varnish from one of the trolleys. My plan is to go back & give it a new coat of good marine varnish.
According to the ‘Thank You’ e-mail from Lynne this is what we all got done today. I am glad.
We got a huge amount done and I think this makes us that much closer for opening May 29th. Here’s what we accomplished today!
- Much raking around the main parking lot, walkway to the Carriage House, and large picnic area in front of the gift shop. This makes it look cleaner and welcoming to guests – with our first guests coming tonight to our first wedding of the season.
- All trolleys were cleaned from top to bottom, outside and in! This too really enhances the appeal to the wedding guests tonight!
- Additional garden clean up and primping by some of the gardeners at gardens by the Carriage House and Gift shop. Beautiful flowers and plants blooming!
- Planted the window box at Maple Lodge by another gardener – thanks Gretchen!
- Painted the lower guard rail in the main parking lot (volunteers had painted the upper guard rail the year before so this really looks nice now!)
- Painted the benches on the sun porch up at Lucknow Mansion to welcome all tour guests.
The weather could not have been more perfect. WOW. First really warm day of 2021. We lucked out. Well, I try not to wait just for the Volunteer Days. I went in a few extra days last year. Hopefully I can do the same this year as well.
SUPPORT ‘The Castle’. It is a New Hampshire TREASURE. Wonderful place to be around. Volunteer. Nice bunch of folks — bar I. But you can avoid me. SMILE.